Monday, February 28, 2011

Counting Crazy

Get creative with numbers.

I have this thing with numbers. I just love them. It's probably because I really love fonts and typography...but they just look so elegant and pretty, on almost anything. 

Pillows

Stairs

Napkin Rings

Tape Measure

Numbered Cans

Numbered Linens


Clocks

I really love counting down the days, whether it's to the weekend, a trip, special event, birthday, or holiday. It doesn't matter what, I just love having special things to look forward to. It makes everyday life so much more exciting. The wait, the anticipation, it's just wonderful!

During the few years before my husband and I got married, we were in a very long distance relationship. And by long distance I mean me in Seattle, WA and him in Regensburg, Germany. Not only a country, and then an ocean apart, but a 9 hr time difference as well. Oh...I feel the pain of those days just thinking about it. The reason I brought this up is because I would make countdowns for myself between our trips and visits to see each other. I was a student at the time, and it was just so nice to know how many days before we'd be heading to the airport. 

Our last separation before the big wedding, was sad to say the least. I sent him a box filled with kisses. We both got to eat one every day, to count down the days till we would never have to be a part again. Those days were bitter-sweet. But I'm happy we're together all the time now!

My next countdown is to March! I love March. It means spring, warmer weather, flowers blooming, and grass growing greener.  It's probably my favorite because it's my birthday month!

Here's to March, only a day away!

Bonte







4 comments:

  1. Julie--agreed! I love numbers also! I have like three of the four things pictured here! Those pillows are one of my favorite purchases. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This one is fabulous. Numbers are so classy. Good job on your blogging.
    ~Rach A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable blog. I just found you from Googling antique tape measure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love this blog. I love all of those things. I want stairs to paint numbers on.

    ReplyDelete