so, Lee and I are sort of crazy over documentaries.
We just love them for some reason.
I guess it's because most of what's on TV is just mindless entertainment, and with documentaries, you get to learn all sorts of cool things about varied subjects.
Some of our recent watches (& a few faves)...
1. Art & Copy: is about advertising and inspiration! It interviews some of advertising's greatest and most creative designers/agencies/campaigns that have influenced the world. Very inspirational! (we loved this one)
2. The September Issue: follows Vogue's editor in chief, Anna Wintour, and the making of the September Issue, the largest issue of the year! (I 'm not gonna lie, I've watched this a few times too:) )
3. Objectified: documents the process of some of the most creative product designers, and examines how their designs impact our everyday lives. It shows the creativity behind-the-scenes, in everything from toothbrushes to tech gadgets, as these designers re-examine and re-invent our manufactured environment on a daily basis.
4. Exit Through The Gift Shop: is the inside story about street & graffiti art. Very interesting and eye opening to me. I knew nothing about this topic beforehand.
5. The Art of the Steal: is about the Albert Barnes art collection. It contains over 9,000 paintings from varied masters of their field, including Renoirs, Matisses, Picassos and Cezannes. This collection is valued at $25 billion dollars.
6. Just for Kicks: overviews the sneaker phenomena, and follows interviews with some of the most famed collectors from around the world.
Well, those are just a few.
Next up on my list...
Well, just thought I'd share, for any of you fellow fans!
Do you have any favorite documentaries?
Please, do tell :)