Tuesday, January 3, 2012

a new year, a new day, a blank slate

Do you ever just need to be reminded of who you really are?
Not the surface you, the you your friends and family see, your spouse, the store cashier or bank teller, 
the co-workers. . .
But the real you, deep, deep down inside. The you that gets forgotten about in the day-to-day
and busyness that make up the lives we live. The you that gets lost somewhere between work, bills, to-do lists, and get togethers. The you with dreams to change the world and make a difference.

I do.

The last 2 nights have been just that for me. Me husband and I, sitting, talking, catching up, reminding each other of who we really are + what we really want in life, this next year...

The parties are over, the baking is done, shopping, gifting + vacations are finished, the friends have all gone home + the holidays are packed away until next year.
sigh...as much as I love this time of year, and all it entails, I am relieved that my house is now
finally clean, and back in order. 

I am ready to take on this new year.
I've never been one to make new years resolutions, but this year I feel different.
This year I feel ambitious.  

I'm tired of being inspired + doing nothing about it.
I'm tired of talking about great ideas + letting them be just that. Ideas, not actions.
I'm tired of wishing I was better at sketching,
or read more books, or made more clothes. I'm tired of wishing about so many things...
I can be those things, whatever it is that I want.
I can change.


For me I know this year is about doing, action, intention, growth. . .

Here's to a new year, a new day, and a blank slate.

Bonte



1 comment: