Monday, February 20, 2012

botany:terrariums


botany: /batn-e/


1. The scientific study of plants
2. The plant life of a particular region, habitat, or geological period. 

terrariums: /te're(e)reem/

1. A vivarium for smaller land animals, esp. reptiles, amphibians, or terrestrial invertebrates,
typically in the form of a glass fronted case.

2. The plant life of particular region, habitat, or geological period.




I have a somewhat new found love for plants, especially indoor plants.
For the longest time, I was under the impression that indoor plants were for old grandma's houses, and thought they were somewhat distasteful. That has all changed. 

Yes, I love gardens, fresh herbs, and flowers in general. But in the past year, my love has expanded. 
My husband bought me two indoor plants during this past year, and now I'm hooked. Their lovely green presence adds such a nice calm and relaxing touch to my house. 

Here are some fun 'green' photos...









Now I want a terrarium...
Do you like indoor plants?

Bonte

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8

2 comments:

  1. I like them if I can keep them alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was Bethany... But I was going to say I love this post-

      Delete