Monday, July 9, 2012

The Great Gatsby

I'm not one to re-watch movies, but upon seeing Midnight In Paris, that all changed. We've seen it countless times and I never tire of it. I finally just went ahead and bought it.

As you may know, there are plenty of famous writers in that movie. It got me thinking about some of their works. I realized I had never read F. Scott Fitzgerald's book, The Great  Gatsby. I knew they were remaking the movie, scheduled to release in December of 2012, so I decided to read the book first. I like to do that because I can imagine the characters however I like before the film. This movie does have a killer cast. Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby, Carrey Mulligan as Daisy and Tobey McGuire and Nick Carraway. I can't wait to see the clothing, and by the looks of these photos it's going to spectacular.




Are you planning to see the movie? Have you seen the 1974 version with Robert Redford and Mia Farrow? Have you read the book? I finished it a few weeks ago. I've heard mixed reviews after people saw the movie trailer, but I think even in all its grandeur, it will still be a fun watch. Even if it's just for the costumes and sets. Plus it's set in the 1920s. What isn't good about that?! I'd love to hear your thoughts...

Bonte

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen these!! I'd love to though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought The Great Gatsby to read again before the movie! I read it once in high school and I remember liking it, but that's about all i remember... so excited to read it again and see the movie!! From the trailer, it looks like a dream!

    ReplyDelete