Friday, August 31, 2012

NYC


Well, I thought it was starting to be fall, but now I'm not so sure. The weather has been in the 90s again, and the humidity has returned also. No fun at all. Our AC went out this week for the second time this summer. Thankfully, it's up and running again as of yesterday. I don't think I could have lasted much longer. Our house was starting to feel like a sauna, and I was starting to melt.


Even if the weather isn't cooperating with my fall plans, I'm still planning none-the-less. Lee and I have been working and saving for a belated vacation/3rd anniversary trip for the past few months. We haven't really been anywhere (besides home to WA to see my family) the whole 3 years we've been married, so we are very much looking forward to this getaway together. We are going to NYC! A whole 6 days with my love. We have both been there separately but never together, so this will be a good memory maker. NYC has a special place in both of our hearts. Maybe it's because I've always loved fashion and wanted to live there (we still do), or because they have such amazing food (we're both foodies), or the endless amounts of shopping (dangerous, I know). Whatever the case, we have been making some serious eating/shopping schedules for our stay. 

We love watching cooking and traveling shows together. We started a little tabs system on the computer when we first got married. Every time we saw an interesting restaurant, we'd look it up, and tab it in the coordinating city. As soon as we decided to go to the Big Apple, we pulled up our NYC tab and had quite the selection of amazing places to try. Of course, we'll leave room for spontaneity, but part of the fun is the anticipation (at least for this planner).

Well, hope you enjoy your long weekend. I'm looking forward to some relaxation and extra time with my man.

Bonte

1 comment:

  1. Have fun on your trip! I lived in NYC for 7 years and still never got to see and do everything I wanted to experience. That city has so much to offer!

    http://fieryfinish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete